Updated: January 24, 2020
Connor Group refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Connor Group Global Services, LLC, each of which is a separate legal entity.
Scope of this privacy statement
This statement covers the methods we use to gather, store, share and protect information about its users. Data collection may occur when a user visits the Connor Group website or when we perform operations necessary to maintain this website or when the firm utilizes other web-based applications.
Terms used in this privacy statement, such as “personal information” or “personal data” may be used interchangeably. Additionally, the term “processing” may be used to describe the storage, protection and handling of your personal information.
Collection and use of personal information
We collect personal information to manage and maintain our relationship with those individuals who contact us via our website, other web-based applications or in the ordinary course of business. This information helps use communicate, operate and fulfill requests made through our online services.
Personal information we collect from our website include:
- IP addresses – An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is the number assigned to your internet-enabled mobile device or computer. An IP address allows us to identify and communicate with individuals who contact us through our website. We also use this information as part of statistical analysis, to record an individual’s use of our online services or to improve our website.
- Cookies – Cookies may be placed on the computer or device of visitors to our website to improve their user experience. Cookies allow our website to remember your device and serve several different functions, including making browsing smoother and preventing the need to reenter personal data.
- Usage analytics – Connor Group may use 3rd party analytic tools, such as google analytics, to track and report website traffic or performance.
- Web beacons – A web beacon is a small file on a webpage that allows the collection certain information, including recording of a website visit, the time of the visit, the browser used and the users IP address. Web beacons allow us to track the performance of 3rd party websites that provide marketing or recruiting services to us, or to manage cookies.
- Location-based tools – With your consent, we may collect and use geographical data obtained from the location of your computer or mobile device. This data may be collected for the purpose of providing information about services available in your geographical location. You may, at any time, modify or withdraw your consent by updating your device preferences.
We use personal data collected for the following business purposes:
- Developing and administering our services and
business offerings in the following ways:
- Maintaining and operation our website;
- Managing our client communications and relationships;
- Providing customer support services to our clients;
- Performing analytics to gather information on trends, sales, other statistical data to be reviewed by Connor Group leadership;
- Identifying customer needs and opportunities provide additional services or new services which Connor Group may have an interest in;
- To judge the strength of a contact with Connor Group by recording and analyzing the duration, frequency and response time with a contact.
- To provide the user information about Connor Group and our range of services – We endeavor to provide relevant and helpful information to our business contacts that we think will be of interest. This may include newsletters, alerts or insights or information about service offerings. As further explained in privacy rights, individuals have the right to unsubscribe from these communications.
Connor Group is committed to protecting all personal information entrusted to us in the course of our legitimate business purposes. To prevent misuse or loss resulting from data breaches, Connor Group has put in place operational security and technological safeguards that meet or exceed industry standards. Connor group, its affiliates and third parties have agreed to and are bound to the same level of confidentiality.
To whom we share personal information
- Other Connor Group member firms.
- Third-party organizations that administrative or functionality services to us, such as IT or data processing. Connor Group employs the services of several third-party companies to manage and power various internal IT systems within our company. These services, but are not limited to, include data security, storage and backup, website hosting and cloud-based powering and facilitating.
- Insurers, auditors, professional advisors. Personal information may be shared with third parties to meet legitimate business purposes, (a) such as submitting personal information with an insurer in the event of a claim, (b) disclosing personal information for purposes of obtaining products and services from auditors or professional advisors in connection with our business activities, or (c) to seek counsel or advice to preserve and exercise our legal rights.
- Government and regulatory agencies, as required by law, including law enforcement or to other third parties in accordance with applicable law or regulation. On occasion we may receive certain information requests from regulatory, judicial or law enforcement bodies to confirm we are complying with the law, to investigate a crime, or to gather evidence to defend legal rights. We will comply with these requests to the extent required by law
Legal grounds for the collection and processing of personal information
The personal information we gather and process in the manner described above, is used for the purpose of advancing our legitimate interests in: (a) design and functionality of our company website, (b) the lawful and operational efficiency of our website, provided that these interests are not outweighed by the individuals privacy rights, and (c) our legal obligation to gather and keep records for purpose of disclosure to regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies and for our tax purposes.
Should we collect and process any sensitive personal information in the manner described above, we will do so only if: (a) we have been granted express consent to collect said data, (b) the data gathered is available in the public domain, or (c) if deemed relevant and necessary to establish or exercise a legal defense to a claim made against us.
When legally required, we will obtain your express consent prior to providing you certain marketing materials. If you no longer want to receive marketing materials from us, you can unsubscribe by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Retention of personal information
Personal information may be retained by Connor Group for as long as it is needed to maintain or advance professional purposes, including marketing and analytics. In some cases, the data may be retained for a longer period where required by law or regulation, to defend or exercise our legal rights or to ensure compliance with professional standards.
Individuals’ Privacy rights
- Unsubscribe – An individual may, at any time, unsubscribe from receiving marketing materials or from our email list by notifying us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access – Under most circumstances, an individual has the right to reasonably access personal data we have collected to assess its accuracy. Additionally, an individual may request that we update, correct or remove personal data by sending us a written request at email@example.com. We will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request, provided we can do so within the scope of applicable legal and professional standards.
- Minors – To ensure the privacy of children, our policy is to never intentionally collect or store any personal data relating to a minor aged individual. Additionally, our website is not designed to be used by, or is intentionally target, to children.
- Additional disclosures for California Residents – If you are a California resident, please see addendum below for additional information and rights that may apply to you.
Changes to this statement
Connor Group may revise and publish updated versions of this privacy statement as is necessary. The most updated version of this policy statement is available at all times on the Connor Group website.
Questions and comments
If you have questions or comments about this privacy statement or about our privacy practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
Your Privacy Rights
Request to know
As a California resident, under certain circumstances, you are entitled to request the disclosure of specific personal information we have collected, used or shared about you within the last 12 months. Information which can be requested includes: (1) the sources from which personal information is collected; (2) the categories of personal information collected; (3) the business purpose for collecting, sharing or selling personal information; (4) the category of third parties we have share personal information with; (5) specific type of information we collected about you.
Should you submit a request, we will acknowledge the request with you and advise you if any additional information or clarification is needed to process your request.
Requests to delete
As a California resident you have the right, under certain circumstances, to request that we delete your personal information that we can collected and stored. Should you wish to exercise this right, we will confirm your request and proceed to de-identify your information as well as direct our services providers to do so as well. If we are, due an exception under the law, prevented from fulfilling your request, we will inform you of the legal basis for this limitation.
Submitting a request to know or delete
To exercise your right to know or delete, as described above, you may submit a written to email@example.com, including the following information:
- Sufficient information so that we may identify you as the person for whom personal information is being requested.
- A fully detailed explanation of the nature of your request so that we can understand, assess and process your request.
Please note, a formal request must include sufficient information that allows us to verify you are the person for whom the information is being requested. If we cannot verify your identity based on your request, we will advise you and request additional information to help us complete your request.
Requests to know or delete only apply to a 12-month look-back period by law.
Sale of personal information and right to opt-out
As a California resident, you have the right to direct companies not to sell your personal information. It is Connor Group’s policy not to sell personal information gathered from business contacts or any other source, to third-party businesses.
In accordance with the law, Connor Group will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
If you have any questions regarding your privacy rights or wish to request additional information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.